Went to a show in Oakland tonight. Heard about it through Sleepytime Gorilla Museum's MySpace. It appears to be part of SGMs Mike Mellender's Immersion Composition Society project. For those of you who haven't heard of the ICS before (that'd be almost all of you) its a group I think started by Mellender that does for music what Nanowrimo does for writing. Basically the idea is to get several musicians together particularly with some who've never played together and create an album over a few days. Once I get a bit more settled I'd love to try it out.
Anyway I think several of the bands I'm seeing tonight come from ICS projects. Given my experience seeing SGM and other offshoots it should at a minimum be interesting and possibly brilliant and/or ridiculous. Hopefully all three. Putting in links on my phone is more of a pain in the ass than I'm comfortable with, but the Google can find all references in here as can wikipedia.
I'll report afterward as I ride BART back out of town.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment